Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in the Community Worcester YWCA
- Ongoing: until Tuesday, November 14, 2017
- Tuesday: 5:30pm
- Where: Central Massachusetts YWCA
- Cost: Free - $25
- Age limit: 18+
Be empowered. MBSR inspires and strengthens your wisdom, courage and energy to meet life’s demands.
• Are you worried or concerned about your work or family?
• Have you experienced discrimination due to your culture, ethnicity,
age or disabilities?
• Do you have medical or other health issues that weigh you down?
• Do you feel pressures about money, family, or the state of the world?
If any of these sound familiar, MBSR might be good for you. You will learn
to connect to your inner strengths that support well-being and build
resilience. MBSR has been shown to help with symptoms and diseases
such as high blood pressure, heart health, IBS, depression, sleep disorders,
anxiety, feeling helpless and more.
In this intensive, supportive 8-week class you will learn and practice:
• Methods and meditation for calming your body and mind
• Stress reduction practices and strategies
• Gentle, mindful movement
This course is being offered at the Central Massachusetts YWCA in downtown
Worcester in partnership with the UMass Center for Mindfulness
(CFM), and will be taught by Bonita Jones, Certified MBSR Teacher.
Registration for this orientation is required. Please call Patty Flanagan for more information at 508-791-3181 x3021.
Tuesdays, Sept. 26 - Nov. 14
6:00 - 8:30 pm
No class on Tuesday Oct. 31st
Make-up class on Monday Oct. 30th
Information Session & Orientation (required)
Tuesday, Sept. 12th
Tuesday, Sept. 19th
5:30 – 9:00 pm
YWCA in downtown Worcester
Saturday Nov. 4th
8:45 am - 4:30 pm
Central Massachusetts YWCA
1 Salem Square
Worcester, MA 01608
Participants may pay by donation or what they
can afford. Suggested donation $25.00 to help
defray program expenses.
See for yourself. Experience mindfulness and learn more.
This event was posted Aug. 30, 2017 and last updated Aug. 30, 2017